Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Salsa Recipe

We're into the crock-pot season now, and I've been seeing some mighty good crock-pot recipes out in the blogland. Maybe you've been following this week's recipes at Kitchen Hospitality. If so you know about my crock-pot stewed tomato recipe. The stewed tomatoes were from my kitchen garden where the tomato vines are growing wild and huge. Most of the tomatoes have gone into homemade salsa recipes I make. The newest salsa recipe is a result of the stewed tomatoes. I had never made stewed tomatoes but have used canned stewed tomatoes in plenty of recipes. I cooked the tomatoes in the crock pot and let them set a couple of days in the fridge then made the salsa. This sweet and spicy salsa is delicious.
Enjoy my recipe:
Sweet and Spicy Salsa
Fresh Stewed Tomatoes (enough to fill a blender)
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 Serrano Pepper
1 Red Chili Pepper
Red Chili Spice (to taste; look for the spices in small clear plastic bags)
Fresh Cilantro
Salt (to taste)
Garlic Powder or Fresh Garlic (to taste)
Onion Powder (to taste)
Chop peppers with cilantro in the blender. 
Mix in the Fresh Stewed Tomatoes. 
Ready to serve with chips or on burritos.
See those yellow specks in the salsa? It's not corn. It's yellow summer crookneck squash from the garden.
I'm linking up to

No comments: